Mould is a combination of various types of fungi that grow in filaments and reproduce by forming spores. Mould growth is caused by excessive moisture in the air of the surrounding environment and mould fungi thrive in excessively humid, damp, dark and poorly ventilated or closed spaces.
Most common causes of excessive moisture may include pipe leaks, improper ventilation and flooding. Certain moulds are classified as toxigenic moulds, which produce harmful toxins,and are linked to several health hazards, with the most common being allergic reactions, respiratory and skin diseases.
Many people underestimate the rate at which small mould patches spread, and if ignored this can happen very quickly. The situation gets even worse for the residents if in fact the mould is toxigenic in nature and contaminates the air through harmful airborne mould fungi.
A1 Asbestos Removals has experience in the mould remediation industry and has worked with residential as well as commercial customers in the past. We recognise the dangers posed by airborne toxigenic mould fungi and we have a team in place to take care of mould related emergencies of any size.
Mould clearly poses health risks to you, your family and your staff. Don't sit back and let it grow till it gets airborne and creates health issues in your home or office. Get the mould remediated right away and keep everyone safe.
Harmful effects of mould
- Allergic reactions / Fever
- Skin and Lung infections
- Neurological and nervous disorders
- Chronic bronchitis
- Joint and muscle pains
- Immunity deficiencies
- Loss of appetite
- Short term memory loss
Quick Tips for Mould Prevention
- Get internal/external pipe leaks in plumbing fixed as soon as possible.
- Ensure good ventilation in closed spaces.
- Keeping crawlspaces dry by maintaining good ventilation in the home.
- Routing water away from the house foundation.
- Use air conditioner / dehumidifier in humid seasons to reduce moisture build-up.
- Avoid using carpets in humid areas like bathrooms, basements, attic
Mould Remediation Process
- Initial testing to assess moisture levels and airborne mould
- Identify and correct the cause of the moisture issue in your home / business
- Remove visible mould using specialist and certified equipments
- Thoroughly clean & decontaminate affected surfaces
- Final testing to check moisture levels & air quality